High Vacuum Deposition Systems
The largest of the SE/SEC-Series, the SE-1000, is typically equipped with a 25.5" diameter, water-cooled bell jar, a 26" diameter stainless steel baseplate, and Planetary Fixturing holding up to thirty six 4" wafers. One Button Automation and Lift-Off Fixturing are among the most popular options added to the system.
Ultimate vacuum: 10-8 torr range
- Ultimate vacuum: 10-8 torr range
- Cryogenic pump: 10"
- Mechanical pump: 23-57 CFM, dual stage
- Cold trap: 3.7 liter capacity, 250 sq. inches of surface area, 10 hours holding time
- Water baffle: Optically dense, chevron baffle
- High vacuum valve: 11-3/4" I.D., seals vertically
- Foreline/Roughing valves: 3" I.D.
- Valve actuation: Electro-pneumatic (all vacuum valves)
- Valve sequencing: Manual and automatic (Auto-Tech II)
- Ionization gauge control: Dual ionization gauge tube, auto ranging with dual convectron positions
- Dimensions: 79"H x 43"W x 37"D
- Weight: 1,500 pounds
- Electrical: 208/30/70A/5-wire connection with ground
- Water: 10 GPM (minimum)
- Air: 90-110 PSIG
- Diffusion pump: 5300 liter/second, 10" normal
- Process chamber: 25.5" diameter x 30" H, ambient or water-cooled (32" bell jar available)
- Fixturing: Variety of fixturing options: planetary, clamshell, or custom
- Baseplate: 26" diameter, 11-3/4" pumping port (32" baseplate available)
- Substrate heat: 2-10 kW
- Sources: Any commercially available source, including single and multiple beam, CHA's resistance and sputtering sources
- Hoists: Motorized hoist assembly, 1/2HP motor
- LN2 Level Control: Automatically maintains liquid level in cryogenic trap
- Sieve trap: Molecular sieve trap prevents migration or backstreaming of mechanical pump oil into the system
- RGA port: 2.75 O.D. flange located in base plate of system provides integration of a residual gas analyzer
- Automatic deposition control: Process controller provides fully automatic deposition sequence
- Automatic gun rotation control: Positions the crucibles of a turret-type electron beam source
- Shutter/shutter control: Different design shutters can be incorporated depending on source configuration and number.
For more details, download the CHA Bell Jar Systems Brochure PDF (2.4MB).